Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Tale of Two Jokers - Interview with Bobby Nash

I just had the pleasure of conducting interviews of some people I know from MySpace and other internet personalities I have known for a while. Basically, I had posed some questions to the latest Dark Knight movie, asking certain personalities to compare and contrast the JOKER character and the actors that had played them.

Let me first start with Bobby Nash "Writer@Large!:


www.myspace.com/bobbynash

He is known for his titles "Evil Ways, Domino Lady and Lance Star. ( I take it the Rocketeer was your favorite movie, right Bobby? ;-))






Anyhow, I posed a few of these questions to Bobby (and later to other personalities) about his thoughts on the "Two Jokers". Here is what occured:

E.T. - How do you feel about Heath Ledger now being dead and not being able to play the joker anymore?

B.N. - I feel bad for the next actor who plays the role because of the inevitable comparisons that will happen. I enjoyed Heath's performance in the movie. He was a very talented actor.

E.T. - If you thought the Dark Knight Joker was great, do you think anyone could do just as well performance-wise in the next Dark Knight?

B.N. - Sure. I'm sure the comparisons will be there between both actor's performances, which is understandable. I'm just afraid that aspect would overshadow the film itself.

E.T. - How does Heath Ledger and Jack Nicholson; please compare and contrast.

B.N. - Well, they both played the Joker in a Batman movie. The comparisons end there. Both of these movies were aiming for a different feel. Burton's Batman was a stylized approach where as Nolan's movie had more of the real world aspect. Different films, different times, different performances. I do like both of them in the role.

E.T. - Anything else you want to add, feel free. :-)

B.N. - While I like both Nicholson and Ledger in the role, my favorite actor to portray the Joker remains Mark Hamill.

E.T. - Oh man, I almost forgot about Mark Hamill! He did the cartoon Joker! He did a pretty darned good job. It was funny, because I did not realize he did the voice for the cartoon Joker until I saw him on a show that listed the Top (X) Villians or something of that nature (can't remember the title.) Because he did it in front of the viewers, and I was thinking, "Holy Cow! It was him?!" Amazing

Anyhow, thank you Bobby Nash for your answers. I'm sure Heath will be missed, and had probably disappointed a lot of other fans that he wouldn't be playing any FUTURE JOKERS.

No comments:

Post a Comment